Do you want to escape the rat race or are you looking for an unforgettable adventure? Then book an overnight stay in Sweden’s most primitive hostel. Stay in a charcoal hut in the middle of the forest where there is no electricity nor running water. Chop yourself some wood for the fireplace or pick blueberries from the roof of your hut. Connect to silence and nature instead of a Wi-Fi network. Or relax in the floating sauna while enjoying a stunning lake view. Fall asleep on a sheep skin in front of the crackling fireplace and wake up with birds singing in the forest.
This eco-lodge located in Skinnskatteberg, 2 hours drive Northwest of Stockholm, consists of 12 cabins of different sizes. These huts in the forest are remnants from the time that charcoal was made here, they offered a place to stay for the coal burners.
This hostel is the ideal base for the following activities: beaver, moose and wolf safari.
Price indication: from 795 SEK p.p. on booking in double occupancy
Type of accommodation: Eco-lodge
Internet: no Wi-Fi
Parking: free parking
Food and drinks: breakfast included, lunch and dinner available on request and at an extra fee (to cook yourself).
- 9 huts for 2 adults and 1 child < 12 years old
- 1 hut for 2 adults
- 1 hut for 2 adults and 2 children < 12 years old
- 1 hut for 6 adults and up to 3 children < 5 years :
- 4 single beds and a double bed
- 1 timber lodge for 2 adults
- double bed of 140 cm wide
Linen: sleeping bag for rent at 225 SEK and towels for rent at 95 SEK.
Total capacity: 30 guests, groups with a max of 14 people
Bathroom: 2 privies, 1 dressing room with a bucket and scoop for washing and a floating sauna with the possibility to rinse yourself.
Kitchen: access to the outdoor kitchen
- Rent a Canadian canoe (for 2 adults and 1-2 children) for 250 SEK for half a day
- Rent a rowing boat (1-4 people) for 350 SEK for a whole day
- Enjoy a wood-heated bath tub with an impressive view for 750 SEK during the day or evening (for 2 adults and 1 small child)
“Romantic Adventure”: filled picnic basket, overnight stay including bed linen and breakfast and 2h access to the floating sauna: 2.640 SEK for 2 guests.
Various other packages consisting of the following activities: hiking, forest therapy, bushcraft, survival course, horse riding, wildlife safaris, family expedition and caving.
Booking: Contact me via e-mail email@example.com or by phone +46 (0)70 230 68 70